Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find alpha all characters

Hi,
Is it possible to use Find Find /Replace to find all the letters in a range?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you'd need a macro. Excel's Find is a pretty blunt instrument.

--
Jim
"TrevorM" wrote in message
| Hi,
| Is it possible to use Find Find /Replace to find all the letters in a
range?
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And do what with them? Do you have an example?

On Nov 12, 7:16 am, TrevorM wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to use Find Find /Replace to find all the letters in a range?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

iliace

I have imported times from a database that have single letter extensions
e.g. 00:00a

The extensions are all different letters and I want to find and replace them
with a blank to make the times workable in excel formulae.

"iliace" wrote:

And do what with them? Do you have an example?

On Nov 12, 7:16 am, TrevorM wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to use Find Find /Replace to find all the letters in a range?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,
Thanks for this - the formula works perfectly.
I was hoping to use the find/repalce tool as then I wouldn't have to change
the layout of the imported data but alas this doesn't appear to be an option.
Thanks again