Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count/Sum based on mutiple criteria

I could not find help on this one. I have the spreadsheet below that I want
to do this: Count the number of times that an SC1 has Rev between 250 and
550. Then I would also like to sum up (in a different column) the rev for the
same criteria. This should be easy with sumproduct but I cannot get it done.
Any help?

Name Division Rev
Tom SC1 0
fish SC3 0
roger SC2 300
steve SC2 900
cindy SC1 650
kim SC1 1100
ryan SC3 210
bill SC1 1200
tony SC1 400
ted SC2 200

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To count:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B11="SC1")*(C2:C11=250)*(C2:C11<= 550))

To total:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B11="SC1")*(C2:C11=250)*(C2:C11<= 550)*C2:C11)

--

HTH,

RD

"Jon Dow" wrote in message
I could not find help on this one. I have the spreadsheet below that I want
to do this: Count the number of times that an SC1 has Rev between 250 and
550. Then I would also like to sum up (in a different column) the rev for
the
same criteria. This should be easy with sumproduct but I cannot get it done.
Any help?

Name Division Rev
Tom SC1 0
fish SC3 0
roger SC2 300
steve SC2 900
cindy SC1 650
kim SC1 1100
ryan SC3 210
bill SC1 1200
tony SC1 400
ted SC2 200

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B10="SC1")*(C2:C10=250)*(C2:C10<= 550))

for the count, and this one for the sum:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B10="SC1")*(C2:C10=250)*(C2:C10<= 550)*(C2:C10))

Change the ranges to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete