Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup from another worksheet

hello,

I have set up the second variable in a VLOOKUP function (the 'table_array')
to be from another worksheet in the same workbook. In this case, is there a
special syntax for Col_index_num? I entered a ordinary number, as if I would
when referring to data in the same worksheet, and it wouldn't work.

Thanks.

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeff Li wrote:
hello,

I have set up the second variable in a VLOOKUP function (the 'table_array')
to be from another worksheet in the same workbook. In this case, is there a
special syntax for Col_index_num? I entered a ordinary number, as if I would
when referring to data in the same worksheet, and it wouldn't work.

Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

No, there is nothing special about the syntax.

Did you specify table_array with all the columns it needs to fetch
col_index_num?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Yes
I have, and it tu ned out the prob lem was not beca se of the functi ns syntax, its  something else。

Thanks for replt ing anyway。

Jeff