Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function returns itself vice results

I typed in function =LEN(H2) and when I hit return, the function appears in
the cell but the result does not appear.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the cell is apparently formatted as text. Change it to General and then
press F2 followed by enter

"BethD" wrote:

I typed in function =LEN(H2) and when I hit return, the function appears in
the cell but the result does not appear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Select the cell in question
Goto the menu FormatCellsNumber tabGeneralOK
Hit funtion key F2
Hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BethD" wrote in message
I typed in function =LEN(H2) and when I hit return, the function appears
in
the cell but the result does not appear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried this and it did not work. I am stymied. It is formatted as General.
I took off any bold, centering, turned it vanilla as I could. The F2 and
enter still leaves me with =LEN(H2)

"BethD" wrote in message
I typed in function =LEN(H2) and when I hit return, the function appears
in
the cell but the result does not appear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check this setting....

ToolsOptionsView tabin Window options uncheck FormulasOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP