Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Leading Apostrophe

Yes but like everyone else I got the leading apostrophe. I guess I should
export as the CVS files and then save as an xls. file.

Or has anyone come up with a way to get rid of the apostrophe?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this small macro:

Sub tic_killer()
Set rr = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConst ants, xlTextValues)
For Each r In rr
If r.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
r.Value = r.Value
End If
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu200803

" wrote:

Yes but like everyone else I got the leading apostrophe. I guess I should
export as the CVS files and then save as an xls. file.

Or has anyone come up with a way to get rid of the apostrophe?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What you can alternatively do is that type a number 1 in any cell and then
copy this number. Now select the range and then Edit Paste Special
Multiply.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com