-   -   Leading Apostrophe (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201882-leading-apostrophe.html)

[email protected]

Leading Apostrophe

Yes but like everyone else I got the leading apostrophe. I guess I should
export as the CVS files and then save as an xls. file.

Or has anyone come up with a way to get rid of the apostrophe?

Gary''s Student

Leading Apostrophe

Try this small macro:

Sub tic_killer()
Set rr = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConst ants, xlTextValues)
For Each r In rr
If r.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
r.Value = r.Value
End If
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu200803

" wrote:

Yes but like everyone else I got the leading apostrophe. I guess I should
export as the CVS files and then save as an xls. file.

Or has anyone come up with a way to get rid of the apostrophe?

[email protected]

Leading Apostrophe

I got an error message saying the syntac was incorrect and that the security
level was set to low to run the macro.

" wrote:

Yes but like everyone else I got the leading apostrophe. I guess I should
export as the CVS files and then save as an xls. file.

Or has anyone come up with a way to get rid of the apostrophe?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Leading Apostrophe

Hi,

What you can alternatively do is that type a number 1 in any cell and then
copy this number. Now select the range and then Edit Paste Special
Multiply.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com