Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default subtract 2 cells and get blank instead of 0.0

I have templates set up to subtract cell A1-B1 and a colume that shows me the
amount of change. The default cell value even if A1 and B1 are blank is 0.0.
On a different sheet I have the compiled data that shows me the average and
std dev of all the runs. For the grand total I am using the function:

=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(H3:H202),H3:H202)) (used the CSE)

This works fine but this is a template and the reason for this function is
to not have to delete unused rows. When I have unused rows it is still using
the 0.0 because it is number. How do I change the subtraction so it doesn't
give me 0.0 until data is entered into cell A1 and B1? Example is =a1-b1
returnes 0.0, I want it to be blank.

Thank you for your help.

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions