Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wildfyre

Default How can I subtract cells in a row

I need to be ablt ro do d=b-c on each row, but not have it give a cumulative
total.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

If you want to start in Row 1, put this in D1:

=b1-c1

And copy that formula down as far as you need.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

Nope. But you can use that little autofill button at the bottom right of the
selected cell to drag down the column.

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html#Mouse
(From Debra Dalgleish's site)

Or you could select your range first:

Edit|goto
type the address (say) D1:D9932
type the formula once for that top cell:
=b1-c1

But hit ctrl-enter to fill all the selected cells.

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html#Quick
(still from Debra's site.)