Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JM JM is offline

Default Totaling cells in multiple worksheets

I am looking to total up the same cell from multiple worksheets within a
workbook.

For instance, if I have 10 worksheets (one being the summation worksheet),
and a particular cell in 3 of those workbooks are populated with any type of
value, I want the summation worksheet to show 3. For clarity, I do not
want to add the value within the cells from multiple worksheets, just the
fact that the cell was populated with a value.

I know there is an answer out there but was not able to figure it out
myself. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If we only want to know how many cell A1's are populated:

=COUNTA(Sheet1:Sheet9!A1)

by the way, you can replace COUNTA with SUM or MIN or MAX to use these
functions across the various sheets as well.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"JM" wrote:

I am looking to total up the same cell from multiple worksheets within a
workbook.

For instance, if I have 10 worksheets (one being the summation worksheet),
and a particular cell in 3 of those workbooks are populated with any type of
value, I want the summation worksheet to show 3. For clarity, I do not
want to add the value within the cells from multiple worksheets, just the
fact that the cell was populated with a value.

I know there is an answer out there but was not able to figure it out
myself. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JM JM is offline

Ok, that works, thank you. Now, how do I keep the summation cell blank if
nothing is populated in each of the worksheets?

"JM" wrote:

I am looking to total up the same cell from multiple worksheets within a
workbook.

For instance, if I have 10 worksheets (one being the summation worksheet),
and a particular cell in 3 of those workbooks are populated with any type of
value, I want the summation worksheet to show 3. For clarity, I do not
want to add the value within the cells from multiple worksheets, just the
fact that the cell was populated with a value.

I know there is an answer out there but was not able to figure it out
myself. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

a tiny trick:

=IF(COUNTA(Sheet1:Sheet9!A1)=0,"",COUNTA(Sheet1:Sh eet9!A1))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802