Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default randomize a set of numbers in 1 column that are located in another

Basically i have set of numbers that are numerical, 1 to what ever is
generated for that column (a19 is where they start), i need to take the
number from that column (a19) and move them to another column (g19) but
randomize them at the same time. So when the numerical numbers in a19 are
completed, i need them to move to g19 but be randomize.

Sounds complicated

MJS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is not clear to me... do you have your numbers is cells A19, A20, A21,
etc. or are all your numbers in one cell (A19)? If the latter, what is
delimiting them (spaces, commas, something else)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote in
message ...
Basically i have set of numbers that are numerical, 1 to what ever is
generated for that column (a19 is where they start), i need to take the
number from that column (a19) and move them to another column (g19) but
randomize them at the same time. So when the numerical numbers in a19 are
completed, i need them to move to g19 but be randomize.

Sounds complicated

MJS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy the number to column G. then put =RAND() in cell H1 and copy down column
H to the end of column G. Then sort columns G & H using column H as the sort
key. Column g will then be randomized.

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote:

Basically i have set of numbers that are numerical, 1 to what ever is
generated for that column (a19 is where they start), i need to take the
number from that column (a19) and move them to another column (g19) but
randomize them at the same time. So when the numerical numbers in a19 are
completed, i need them to move to g19 but be randomize.

Sounds complicated

MJS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default randomize a set of numbers in 1 column that are located in ano

Thank you Rick for the reply:

The numerical numbers are in 1 column in a19, I need that same set of
numbers in in column G19, but randomize.

MJS & Thank you