Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I randomize numbers ALREADY in a column?

I have three columns of numbers Column A = 9101-9120, Column B =
9121-9140, and Column C = 9141-9160. I need to randomize columns B & C
seperately, but with the numbers that are already in the columns. Can I do
this somehow?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If i understand you correctly, you want to randomize the data you have
already put in the sheet. in an empty cell type =rand(), this creates a
random number, select copy that number. Next select the data you want to
randomize and right click, paste special, and select multiply. Repeat for the
other set of data. This multiplies each cell by a random number, not just the
same number.
--
-John
is helpful.

"GrsmRngr" wrote:

I have three columns of numbers Column A = 9101-9120, Column B =
9121-9140, and Column C = 9141-9160. I need to randomize columns B & C
seperately, but with the numbers that are already in the columns. Can I do
this somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way
Source numbers assumed in B1:C20
In D1: =RAND()
Copy to E1
In F1: =INDEX(B$1:B$20,RANK(D1,D$1:D$20))
Copy to G1. Select D1:G1, copy down to G20. Minimize/hide cols D & E. Cols F
& G will return the required random scrambles of cols B & C. Pressing F9
regenerates.
--
Max
Singapore