Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hyperlink to other sw(exe) and open with parameters

Hi,
I try to make a hyperlink to my exe and send it some parameter
but when I click in the hyperink I get the following err msg:
The specified file can't open!

If I use the start/run, this link works fine.

I can't use any other thing (eg btn, and shell macro,) because
one macro generate the link in the specified(selected) cell.

probably my problem is security based, but I don't know, how can I solve it.

Thank you your time and help
--
regards
L@ja
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is a typical hyperlink to an exe:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\WINWORD.EXE")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"L@ja" wrote:

Hi,
I try to make a hyperlink to my exe and send it some parameter
but when I click in the hyperink I get the following err msg:
The specified file can't open!

If I use the start/run, this link works fine.

I can't use any other thing (eg btn, and shell macro,) because
one macro generate the link in the specified(selected) cell.

probably my problem is security based, but I don't know, how can I solve it.

Thank you your time and help
--
regards
L@ja

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

By parameters you mean switches?

You might try adding the switches to the formula you were given:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\WINWORD.EXE" /w)

I made up the /w switch, it may or may not do anything when opening Word.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire