Nick

Default Returning Multiple Values Based on One Value

Sorry for creating another post, I haven't been back in a while and my
original post is burried on page 5 or 6.

I'm not the best at getting this crap to work, so bear with me. Here is an
example file that I am working with. The button brings up a list of unique
countries. Each country can have multiple assets. When you select the
country, it returns that country to whatever cell is highlighted. I then
would like the a list of assets generated based upon what was return to that
cell.

The file is at http://www.nmberger.com/nodupes.xls

"N Harkawat" wrote:

My mistakle I inserted a wrong bracket
Now I have tested it and it works fine
This is the formula
=INDEX($Z$1:$Z$10,SMALL(IF($Y$1:$Y$10=$A$1,ROW(A$1 :A$10)),ROW(1:1)))

"Nick" wrote in message
It tells me I have entered too few arguments for this funtion.

"N Harkawat" wrote:

Say your Project name is in Y1:Y10 and assets associated with that
project
are in Z1:Z10
Now if the project # is in A1 and you want this A1 to be looked up then
use
this array formula(Ctrl+shift+enter)
On cell B1 type this formula
=index($Z$1:$Z$10,small(if($Y$1:$Y$10=$A$1,row(A$1 :a$10),row(1:1))))
and copy it down 10 rows.

It should give you all the assets within that project.

and copy it down
"Nick" wrote in message
I have a bunch of projects, each project has a bunch of assets under it.
am creating a spreadsheet so that when a user clicks on a project in a
list
box, it returns all of the assets/info related to the assets under that
project. I can get it to return one asset using the MATCH or INDEX
function,
but I am having trouble getting it to return all the assets. Any
ideas?

N Harkawat

The formula that you have entered is not array entered (ctrl + shift + enter
instead of just plain enter)
Do this:-
Simply click on cell B1 where your formula resides
Press function key F2 on your keyboard
And press these 3 keys on your keyboard together Ctrl - Shift - Enter
You shall NOW see the formula with braces {} in front and at end after that
Copy and paste it down the column
In your example spreadsheet for Belgium I got the following assets
ACX2
ACX10
ACX15
ACX23
ACX27
ACX53
ACX64
ACX83

and a bunch of NUM# after that which can be easily eliminated using
conditional formatting