Changing numbers to Alpha in Excel

Default in excel how do I show a number as an alpha eg 65 as sixty five?

in excel how do I show a number as an alpha eg 65 as sixty five?

Thanks,
Niek Otten

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Changing numbers to Alpha in Excel" <Changing numbers to Alpha in
wrote in message
in excel how do I show a number as an alpha eg 65 as sixty five?

Thanks,

Changing numbers to Alpha in Excel

Hi, this looked like it would work but the function doesn't seem to be
available on windows xp. Is there a similar function on XP which will do the
same thing? Thanks for your help!

"Changing numbers to Alpha in Excel" wrote:

in excel how do I show a number as an alpha eg 65 as sixty five?

Thanks,

Niek Otten

Just follow the instructions in

How to Create the Sample Function Called SpellNumber

But of course don't type the code, but copy it from the instructions and
paste it into
--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel
the module.

ft.com wrote in message
Hi, this looked like it would work but the function doesn't seem to be
available on windows xp. Is there a similar function on XP which will do
the
same thing? Thanks for your help!

"Changing numbers to Alpha in Excel" wrote:

in excel how do I show a number as an alpha eg 65 as sixty five?

Thanks,

Niek Otten

Not really.
But if you have a limited number of possible numbers, you could set up a
table with those numbers and the text and use VLOOKUP() or INDEX().

--

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Just follow the instructions in

How to Create the Sample Function Called SpellNumber

But of course don't type the code, but copy it from the instructions and
paste it into
--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten