Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Ignore blanks in multiplication formula

I've got a column of ten cells that I want multiplied together, i.e.,
=A1*A2*...*A9*A10. A couple of these cells are blank, and I want to ignore
those cells. For instance, say cells A3, A4, and A7 are blank, then I want
the product to come out =A1*A2*A5*A6*A8*A9*A10 rather than just zero. In the
next column, maybe B1 and B8 are blank, and then I want those cells ignored
for the product of their column.

Is there any formula for this? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=PRODUCT(A1:A10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ag10" wrote in message
I've got a column of ten cells that I want multiplied together, i.e.,
=A1*A2*...*A9*A10. A couple of these cells are blank, and I want to
ignore
those cells. For instance, say cells A3, A4, and A7 are blank, then I
want
the product to come out =A1*A2*A5*A6*A8*A9*A10 rather than just zero. In
the
next column, maybe B1 and B8 are blank, and then I want those cells
ignored
for the product of their column.

Is there any formula for this? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions