Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default DATA Validation (Ignore Blanks)

I have a cell A1 which needs to be populated with a number of 0 or greater
and it cannot be left blank.

I used DATA validation with the "Custom" option and populated the "Formula"
with =A1=0.

I also unclicked the Ignore Blank.

Somehow the validation works for zero or greater but I can still enter
"blank".

Where have I gone in err?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo,

It's working halfway. The formula works for space, but not for blank.

When a valid number is entered, "Deleted" and then hit the return key, cell
A1 is back to "blank".

Do you have another solution? Thanks in advance.

"el zorro" wrote in message
I have a cell A1 which needs to be populated with a number of 0 or greater
and it cannot be left blank.

I used DATA validation with the "Custom" option and populated the
"Formula"
with =A1=0.

I also unclicked the Ignore Blank.

Somehow the validation works for zero or greater but I can still enter
"blank".

Where have I gone in err?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't enter a blank, you clear the cell of it's content
There is no data validation that will stop you from clearing the contents of
a cell
That would take an event macro but of course macros can be bypassed when you
open the workbook. You can't really "idiot proof" a workbook

Peo Sjoblom