R.Culley

Default Home account

Please could someone tell me very simply how I can put in a monthly
payment macro/function? So that the payment will be put on
automatically each month?

I work for a charity helping the disabled and I know nothing about
Excel - I thought I did:-(

R.Culley

The lady is 82, has very poor eyesight, using Supernova, one of
Dolphin's programs which seems to work well with Excel,. but does mean
she can only see a little of the screen at a time.

She wants to set up an accounting system for her antiques business!
This seems fairly straight forward, but she also wants to set up an
accounting program apparently only so that she will know how much she
has in the bank. Or perhaps for the accountant? There are regular
payments from the bank account to water, electricity companies etc.
and one or two regular payments in.

Very basic. But she would like the direct debits etc to be put in
each month automatically. A macro will enter the date each entry is
made which is fine, but I cannot work out a way to have the regular
payments, presumably on a mastersheet, added to each month's
worksheet. If one cuts and pastes them, then I can put the day they
are paid which is grand, but it won't be sorted as the other entries
will be entered as dates. I was trying to work out a way to add a
column to the sheet to strip down the date just to give the day...
TRIM,? Then the entries could be sorted by date so that she would
know at any time what the balance was in the bank. And I don't know
that she will actually use a fresh sheet each month...

I was thinking of adding colour to the sheet or perhaps individual
entries - e.g. standing orders.

It is all terribly basic.

Would be very, very grateful if you can help. Many thanks for
bothering to write at all.

Best wishes