Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use number in some cell as a part of other cells reference?

Hi,

How can I get number in some cell to the number of some other cells reference?

For example, if I have calculation in cell A1 giving some number XX and I
want to refer in cell B1 to cell CXX (column C, row XX), how do I do this?

Thanks and bye,
Piia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use number in some cell as a part of other cells refere

Thanks a lot!

This worked as long as the column (C) was in the same worksheet. What about
if the column is in another worksheet or file?

-Piia

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=INDIRECT("C"&A1)

Mike

"Piia" wrote:

Hi,

How can I get number in some cell to the number of some other cells reference?

For example, if I have calculation in cell A1 giving some number XX and I
want to refer in cell B1 to cell CXX (column C, row XX), how do I do this?

Thanks and bye,
Piia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDIRECT("C" & A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:52:01 -0700, Piia
wrote:

Hi,

How can I get number in some cell to the number of some other cells reference?

For example, if I have calculation in cell A1 giving some number XX and I
want to refer in cell B1 to cell CXX (column C, row XX), how do I do this?

Thanks and bye,
Piia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 12, 9:27 am, Piia wrote:
Thanks a lot!

This worked as long as the column (C) was in the same worksheet. What about
if the column is in another worksheet or file?

Just put all the appropriate text into your formula between the
quotes.

If you don't know what it should look like, make a link to the other
file (just =A1, but referencing the other file), then close that other
file. Copy the full path from the formula you just made into your
INDIRECT formula. Should be something like this:
'H:\Schedules\2008\[Monthly.xls]Sheet1'!C