Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 06:43:04 -0800, "Neil"
wrote:

i have several columns, for profit costs, VAT etc, on a seperate sheet within
the same workbook i want to create a summary sheet which totals all of the
profit costs that fall within each month.

i.e. sum of profit costs for february.

i have tried for hours without success, this is my current effort:

=SUM(IF(('Adam Burton - Costs Recovered.xls'!Date"31/12/2004")+('Adam
Burton - Costs Recovered.xls'!Date<"01/02/2005"),Paid!D4:D1000))

can anyone please help!?

Neil

Look at the SUMIF function.

For January 2004, something like:

=SUMIF(Dt,"="&DATE(2004,1,1),Paid)-
SUMIF(Dt,""&DATE(2004,1,31),Paid)

This assumes that Dt and Paid are named ranges on the appropriate worksheet.

--ron