Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing groups of cells in Excel

In Excel 2003 can I change a group of cells (e.g. a column) so their results
all become negative or do I have to change each cell individually?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the values are all positive and you want to make them negative then
you can multiply by -1 (more on this later). However, if you have a
mixture of positive and negative values in the column, you would need
to apply a formula in a helper cell along the lines of:

=-ABS(A1)

To multiply all cells by -1, enter -1 in a blank cell somewhere. Then
select that cell and click <copy. Then highlight all the cells that
you want to change and click on Edit | Paste Special | Values (check)
| Multiply (check) | OK then <Esc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 11, 12:53*pm, DBB9 wrote:
In Excel 2003 can I change a group of cells (e.g. a column) so their results
all become negative or do I have to change each cell individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
In a spare cell type -1
Copy the cell
Select your range of data
Paste SpecialMultiply

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"DBB9" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 can I change a group of cells (e.g. a column) so their
results
all become negative or do I have to change each cell individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In an un-used cell enter -1
Copy this cell
Select the cells you want to change and:
Edit PasteSpecial check multiply.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200799