Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - change shading when selecting groups of cells

Hello,

I am using Excel 2007.

In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group
of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel
2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick
black line.

I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find
how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature?

Thanks,
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your complaint is one that has
been expressed many times. I don't know of any way to adjust settings to
provide better contrast between selected and not-selected cells. You might
try one of the other color schemes available and see if one of them helps any.

Hopefully someone will (or may already have) discover a fix to this
continuing issue. If someone's already figured something out, then hopefully
they'll post here.