Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Question 1 of ???

I am going to have a few of these type of questions, I think, unless I can
plough through this myself. The first formula needs to built like this:

In C10 the formula will look in E38:E1000 and count the number of "Yes" that
correspond with the dates in A38:A1000, which date matches with A10.

I'll say it another way, in case I'm not clear. In A10 there's a date, and
in A38:A1000 there are dates. In C10 I want to count the number of times
"Yes" appears throughout E38:E1000, where the date in A10 is found in
A38:A1000.

Whew! I know Excel can do it, but I'm at a loss in trying to come up with
this type of formula.

Thank you so much to whoever can figure this one out! Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A38:A1000=A10),--(E38:E1000="yes"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I am going to have a few of these type of questions, I think, unless I can
plough through this myself. The first formula needs to built like this:

In C10 the formula will look in E38:E1000 and count the number of "Yes"
that
correspond with the dates in A38:A1000, which date matches with A10.

I'll say it another way, in case I'm not clear. In A10 there's a date,
and
in A38:A1000 there are dates. In C10 I want to count the number of times
"Yes" appears throughout E38:E1000, where the date in A10 is found in
A38:A1000.

Whew! I know Excel can do it, but I'm at a loss in trying to come up with
this type of formula.

Thank you so much to whoever can figure this one out! Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much. I've been away all day and just got back to this now.
So, I want to thank you so much because that works like a charm. I just had
to add the $ to the formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$38:$A$1000=A32),--($E$38:$E$1000="Yes")) for when I
dragged it down from C10. Thanks a million!!

Connie