Tooeyes

Default Add ins for Excel 2000

Where do i find the numbering add ins for Excel 2000? I receive a message
every time I open a document that says: I must load them for optimal
numbering and toolbar behavior. I have looked in the add ins by going to
add remove program, selecting Microsoft office, then change, then excel.
under the add ins there is nothing that says "numbering". I have also looke
on line for a down load at the Microsoft web site.

Any help is appreciated.
Gord Dibben

What you are looking for is TMPLTNUM.XLA

If you can't find it, download the 97 version from here.

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0800, "Tooeyes"
wrote:

Where do i find the numbering add ins for Excel 2000? I receive a message
every time I open a document that says: I must load them for optimal
numbering and toolbar behavior. I have looked in the add ins by going to
add remove program, selecting Microsoft office, then change, then excel.
under the add ins there is nothing that says "numbering". I have also looke
on line for a down load at the Microsoft web site.

Any help is appreciated.

jsurdahl

I looked for days and days for this fix. Finally was able to find it thanks
to Gord's post.

In MS Excel, Select Tools, Add-Ins. Check the box next to Template
Utilities. That includes the Numbering Add-In.

Where I saw the Numbering Add-In asked for is the Invoice Template so that
each time you write up an Invoice it will attach the NEXT number for
consecutive bills. I don't really USE it that way, but that is what it seems
intended for.

wrote:

Where do i find the numbering add ins for Excel 2000? I receive a message
every time I open a document that says: I must load them for optimal
numbering and toolbar behavior. I have looked in the add ins by going to
add remove program, selecting Microsoft office, then change, then excel.
under the add ins there is nothing that says "numbering". I have also looke
on line for a down load at the Microsoft web site.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jsurdahl

What version of Excel are you trying to find this in??

I wrote that ~10 months ago when I was using Office 2000 (which the version
that the original question was about...). I still see the TMPLTNUM.XLA file
is on the Office 2000 disc.

I am now using Office XP and I don't see that it has the Template Utilities
on the Add In menu. Maybe the newer version has it already installed or
enabled and it doesn't need the Add In.

Thanks for your time, but there is no Template Utilites on the Add In menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Unless you have TMPLTNUM.XLA in your Office\Library you will not see the
Template Utilities in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP