Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default YTD Average Formula to continue on new worksheet

I have split up my worksheet so the first 6 mos is on one sheet and the last
6 months is on a second sheet. I need to bring over my YTD Average and
continue to be able to have the YTD Average update automatically as I enter
data each day. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's assume the first 6 months of data are on Sheet1 in the range A1:A100.
The second 6 months of data will be in the same range on Sheet2.

On Sheet2 in some cell enter this formula (just don't enter the formula in
the range A1:A100):

=AVERAGE(Sheet1!A1:A100,A1:A100)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arayne" wrote in message
I have split up my worksheet so the first 6 mos is on one sheet and the
last
6 months is on a second sheet. I need to bring over my YTD Average and
continue to be able to have the YTD Average update automatically as I
enter
data each day. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm trying to update cells in one worksheet from selections in a list box in
another worksheet. I'm using if statements in my cells that like to the
source cells, but whenever I change a selection on my list box (source cells)
the only way I get my destination cells on other worksheet to update is to
actually click on cell and then "execute" the formula....

I want the destination cell to automatically update without me actually have
to execute the If formula for the destination cell...

What am I doing wrong, and what should I do to automate this??

Thanks