Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumProduct?

I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if "Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumProduct? Thanks T. Valko

Nevermind... I found a similar thread that answered my Q

Thanks to T. Valko!!!!!!

"JimG" wrote:

I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if "Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JimG --

Excel 2007 has a couple of new functions, one of which should help. You can
use =COUNTIFS to make it work:

=COUNTIFS(H:H,"Peter",G:G,"Paul")

Should work fine.

HTH