-   -   SumProduct? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196838-sumproduct.html)

JimG

SumProduct?

I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if "Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

RagDyeR

SumProduct?

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((H1:H1000="Peter")*(G1:G1000="Paul"))
--
HTH,

RD

"JimG" wrote in message
I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if
"Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

JimG

SumProduct? Thanks T. Valko

Nevermind... I found a similar thread that answered my Q

Thanks to T. Valko!!!!!!

"JimG" wrote:

I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if "Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

pdberger

SumProduct?

JimG --

Excel 2007 has a couple of new functions, one of which should help. You can
use =COUNTIFS to make it work:

=COUNTIFS(H:H,"Peter",G:G,"Paul")

Should work fine.

HTH

"JimG" wrote:

I want to combine a SumProduct formula with a CountIF.

I want to count all occurences of "Peter" that appear in column H, if "Paul"
is in the corresponding row in column G. I am using 2007 and have tried
conditional formating but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions?

Bob Phillips

SumProduct?

.... and will be faster than SUMPRODUCT