Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default tracing precedents

I have a column, which includes several values. The total of this column is
correct; however, when I trace the precedents not all cells included in the
total are "marked" as part of the total when using the trace precedents
command. Some cells are included but again, not all are even if they are part
of the total.
Could you please let me know the reason for these cells not be included?
Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jul 28, 12:00 pm, Ricardo Monroy <Ricardo
wrote:
I have a column, which includes several values. The total of this column is
correct; however, when I trace the precedents not all cells included in the
total are "marked" as part of the total when using the trace precedents
command. Some cells are included but again, not all are even if they are part
of the total.
Could you please let me know the reason for these cells not be included?
Thank you,

Is it referencing other formulas or just ranges of values? It may be
referencing subtotals above. If so, you can click a 2nd time (maybe
need 3rd, 4th, etc) on the Trace button to trace back another step.