Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with IF Statement

I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J minus D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this:

=IF(AND(J111,J1<=I1),J1-D1,"FalseCondition")

You'll need to specify the FalseCondition. If you want it to remain blank,
then:

=IF(AND(J111,J1<=I1),J1-D1,"")

HTH,
Paul

--

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I left out part of my criteria.

If D=0, then enter 0 and don't look at the rest of the formula but if D is
greater than 0 and J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know
what is J minus D

Thanks for your help

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am still not getting the outcome that I would like. Sorry, I am probably
expalining this all worng.

Maybe this will help explain what I am trying to do:

C5 = 0
D5 = 11
I5 = 36.55
J5 = 11
I would like my answer to be 0

C6 = 6.82
D6 = 4.18
I6 = 36.55
J6 = 14
I would like my answer to be -3

C7= 2.48
D7 = 8.52
I6 = 36.55
J6 = 31
I would like me answer to be -8.52

It would be great if we could make it a negative number as well, if not no
big deal.

Thanks for your help!

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J
minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In your previous reply you stated that if D=0 then return 0. Did you mean
C? Your first example would indicate that you meant C. If that is correct,
then perhaps:

=IF(C5=0,0,IF(AND(D5=0,J511,J5<=I5),J5-D5,"FalseCondition"))

Keep in mind that the "FalseCondition" is what you would need to specify if
C is not zero and D is NOT between 11 and I.

Does that help?
Paul

--

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J
minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CORRECTION! C Problem with IF Statement

Correction. Formula should have been:

=IF(C5=0,0,IF(AND(D5=0,J511,J5<=I5),J5-D5,"FalseCondition"))

However, I'm not sure where or how you're getting your desired results.
They don't calculate that way.

--

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J
minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The negatives are no big deal, that would be just nice to have. I am trying
to figure out how much to give back.

The -3 would be 14 - 11 = 3
The -8.52 would be 31 - 11 = 20, but only to the maximum of D7 which in this
case is 8.52.

PCLIVE - I have tried your suggestion as well, but that didn't work either.

"M Peddle" <M wrote in message
I am not even sure if this is possible or not.

If J is more than 11, but not more than I, I need to know what is J
minus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok try this:

Note: If it is Column D that you want to test for zero, then change the
very first C reference to D.

=IF(C5=0,0,IF(AND(J511,J5<=I5),-(IF(J5-SUM(C5:D5)D5,D5,J5-SUM(C5:D5)))))

HTH,
Paul