Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF function, nested with 2 source cells?

Hi, This may be simple, but I'm trying to assign a % to a sales item, but I
ma having issues:

The value of cell C33 is 30%, the value of C10 is 46%

If I use the formula =IF(C220,C33,C10), provided that the value of C22 is
greater than zero, the result is C33. That all works fine.
If I use the formula =IF(C29C25,C10,C33) in the next cell, I can assign
those %s according to the value in Cell C25. That works fine on its own.

How do I combine them so that if C22 is greater than zero the result will be
30%, less than zero 46% and if C29 is greater than the value in C25 the
result will be 46%, otherwise 30%?

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you want something like this:

=IF(C22<0,C10,IF(C220,C33,IF(C29C25,C10,C33)))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 22, 9:23*pm, Patrick R <Patrick
wrote:
Hi, This may be simple, but I'm trying to assign a % to a sales item, but I
ma having issues:

The value of cell C33 is 30%, the value of C10 is 46%

If I use the formula =IF(C220,C33,C10), provided that the value of C22 is
greater than zero, the result is C33. *That all works fine.
If I use the formula =IF(C29C25,C10,C33) in the next cell, I can assign
those %s according to the value in Cell C25. *That works fine on its own.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pete, thanks, but here is the problem. There is a state where C22 can be
greater than zero at the same time as C29 being greater than C25, so there is
a conflict. I only want the result to be C33 if C0 but not if C29C25,
otherwise the result should be C10. Does that make sense?

wrote:
Hi, This may be simple, but I'm trying to assign a % to a sales item, but I
ma having issues:

The value of cell C33 is 30%, the value of C10 is 46%

If I use the formula =IF(C220,C33,C10), provided that the value of C22 is
greater than zero, the result is C33. That all works fine.
If I use the formula =IF(C29C25,C10,C33) in the next cell, I can assign
those %s according to the value in Cell C25. That works fine on its own.

How do I combine them so that if C22 is greater than zero the result will be
30%, less than zero 46% and if C29 is greater than the value in C25 the
result will be 46%, otherwise 30%?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Spiky, thanks. That did the trick. The only way for the result to be 30%
(i.e C33) was for C22 to be greater than zero AND C29 less than C25. Thanks
for the help.

"Spiky" wrote:

wrote:
Hi, This may be simple, but I'm trying to assign a % to a sales item, but I
ma having issues:

The value of cell C33 is 30%, the value of C10 is 46%

If I use the formula =IF(C220,C33,C10), provided that the value of C22 is
greater than zero, the result is C33. That all works fine.
If I use the formula =IF(C29C25,C10,C33) in the next cell, I can assign
those %s according to the value in Cell C25. That works fine on its own.

How do I combine them so that if C22 is greater than zero the result will be
30%, less than zero 46% and if C29 is greater than the value in C25 the
result will be 46%, otherwise 30%?

Thanks for your help

So, there is only one way for the answer to be 30%? Then only one IF
should be necessary.
=IF(AND(C220,C25=C29),C33,C10)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No problem.