Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default counta

I am exporting a query from Access into Excel. I am trying to use counta to
count my cells with text. When exporting Access must put something "not
visible" into the cell as my results confirm that. If I go to what appears
to be a blank cell and "delete" my count does reduce by one. How can I
accomplish my count without having to delete contents of what appears to be a
blank cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like you have a space in some cells.

Better to deal with that and get rid of the spaces although TM's formula
will give you a valid count if you don't clear the spaces.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:21:14 -0700, Teri
wrote:

I am exporting a query from Access into Excel. I am trying to use counta to
count my cells with text. When exporting Access must put something "not
visible" into the cell as my results confirm that. If I go to what appears
to be a blank cell and "delete" my count does reduce by one. How can I
accomplish my count without having to delete contents of what appears to be a
blank cell.

Counta [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 18th 08 04:15 PM
COUNTA() Michell Major Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 17th 06 03:34 PM
Counta martins New Users to Excel 2 April 4th 06 12:04 AM
COUNTA Karen Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 10th 06 09:48 PM
COUNTA Function not working =COUNTA(C3:C69,"NH") MikeinNH Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 8th 04 01:19 AM