Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 - Copy Down Function to Reference Next Worksheet

Hi All,

Formula in Worksheet 1, cell A1 = 'Worksheet 2'!B2

How can I copy the above formula down to Worksheet 1, cell A2 such that it
references: 'Worksheet 3'!B2

Thank you,

Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter this formula in A1 and copy down as needed:

=INDIRECT("'Worksheet"&ROWS(A$1:A2)&"'!B2")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lmarsh1693" wrote in message
Hi All,

Formula in Worksheet 1, cell A1 = 'Worksheet 2'!B2

How can I copy the above formula down to Worksheet 1, cell A2 such that it
references: 'Worksheet 3'!B2

Thank you,

Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. This will work if I have a number of sheets that I'm working with?

I need to copy this formula down in sheet 1 ( each row in sheet 1 would
reflect the value in a specific cell from each worksheet ) to pull the
corresponding values from the other worksheets. Will this still work so that
each copy down references the next worksheet? Thx.

Larry

"T. Valko" wrote:

Enter this formula in A1 and copy down as needed:

=INDIRECT("'Worksheet"&ROWS(A$1:A2)&"'!B2")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lmarsh1693" wrote in message
Hi All,

Formula in Worksheet 1, cell A1 = 'Worksheet 2'!B2

How can I copy the above formula down to Worksheet 1, cell A2 such that it
references: 'Worksheet 3'!B2

Thank you,

Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you sheets do have a <space between the name and the number,
just add a space to Biff's suggestion after the name:

=INDIRECT("'Worksheet "&ROWS(A$1:A2)&"'!B2")

RD