Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match and Insert Value

Hello,
I have two sheets in a workbook: MasterLog and Site Data. The MasterLog
sheet gets updated pretty much every day. Each rowi o this sheet has a
unique date.

Periodically through the year, the Site Data sheet will get updated. Each
row in the Site Data sheet has has a unique date.

My boss wants me to append the values in the Site Data Log, to the assigned
columns in the MasterLog, where hte dates match. What function can i use to
do this? There are about 25 values i have to do this for. All values are
contiguous.

--
Carlee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VLOOKUP is a quick way to do this but you will have to change the column in
each category.

EX. =VLOOKUP($L16,'[Site Data.xls]Sheet1'!$D$9:$G$17,4,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(*Cell date in Master Log*,*Table from where you're pulling
data (date has to be in the far left of the range)*,*column in table that you
want to pull data from*, FALSE)

If you want more info on VLOOKUP there is fair help in MS Help (F1).

Good luck!
--
-SA