Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ink Ink is offline

Default vlookup in pivot table

I use a pivot table for reporting. In the reporting sheet, I use the function
to look up in the pivot table:
=if(iserror(vlookup....;false));0;vlookup(....;fal se)).
This works. But only if the pivot table shows all products. If I choose only
one or several product I want to see the month figures from, the formula
returns with zero's. Only if I choose "show all", the formula works. Who
recognizes this and what can I do to solve it?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like you need to do your vlookup on the database not the pivot table
because when you filter the pivot table you are getting rid of some of the
data.
If the data's not there, your vlookup is not going to find it.
--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''