Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default total a column in which there are sum formula

I have a column in which I have given for sub total the sum formula that
=sum(F6..F8), like this there are several of them in that column.

However at the bottom of the column I want the total of the column excluding
the cells that have the formula =sum

How can I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

to me you have to define your own function

Function sum_no_formulas(target As Range) As Double

For Each cell In target
If Not cell.HasFormula Then
sum_no_formulas = sum_no_formulas + cell.Value
End If
Next cell

End Function

this function will sum all cells in a range that include ANY formulae
(i.e. not only those with SUM function but ANY cells strating with =
sign)

check this one out and let me know if it works for you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

should be:

this function will sum all cells in a range that DO NOT include ANY
formulae

sorry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

another option, sums only cells with NO SUM function in them (but WILL
sum cell with formulae other than SUM)

Function sum_no_formulas(target As Range) As Double

For Each cell In target
If Not cell.Formula Like "*=SUM*" Then
sum_no_formulas = sum_no_formulas + cell.Value
End If
Next cell

End Function

HIH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VKL Narayanan wrote:
I have a column in which I have given for sub total the sum formula that
=sum(F6..F8), like this there are several of them in that column.

However at the bottom of the column I want the total of the column excluding
the cells that have the formula =sum

How can I do that?

If possible, use the SUBTOTAL function instead of SUM for your sub totals in the
column and for the column total at the bottom.