Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default insert column header in cell below result of max FUNCTION

I am using the MAX function to select a cell value, I would like to print
the column header of the column that the cell value was selected from in the
cell below the results of the max function.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way to extract it directly ..

Assume col headers in B1:D1, with values in row2 down
Put in say A2, copy down:
=INDEX(B$1:D$1,MATCH(MAX(B2:D2),B2:D2,0))
to return the required col header

If there are ties in the max, the leftmost header will be returned
--
Max
Singapore
"mark s" wrote:
I am using the MAX function to select a cell value, I would like to print
the column header of the column that the cell value was selected from in the
cell below the results of the max function.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

1......Wk1....Wk2.....Wk3.....Wk4

=INDEX(A1:D1,MATCH(MAX(A2:D2),A2:D2,0))