Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default insert column header in cell below result of max FUNCTION

One way to extract it directly ..

Assume col headers in B1:D1, with values in row2 down
Put in say A2, copy down:
=INDEX(B$1:D$1,MATCH(MAX(B2:D2),B2:D2,0))
to return the required col header

If there are ties in the max, the leftmost header will be returned
--
Max
Singapore
"mark s" wrote:
I am using the MAX function to select a cell value, I would like to print
the column header of the column that the cell value was selected from in the
cell below the results of the max function.