Old July 12th 08, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula to return next Monday's date

I'm trying to return the mm/dd/yyyy for the next Monday on a continuing
basis. On a separate sheet I created column "A" with =TODAY() in cell A2
and filled down a series of the next six days. B2:B8 cells equal the
corresponding values from A2:A8 formated as dddd to display a continuously
rotating list of the days of the week.

I want to look up the text "Monday" from column B and return the
corresponding date value from column A. How can I use TEXT() in the
=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2:B8,0) ,2) function to make this
work? I'm getting #N/A.

Is there an easier way?

I'm using Excel 2007

Thanks, Frustrated in Portland

Old July 15th 08, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the helpful replies.

It works!

"No longer frustrated in Portland"

"T. Valko" wrote:

Is there an easier way?

So, if today is Monday then you still want next Monday's date?

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(NOW(),2)+8

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old July 15th 08, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP