-   -   Need formula to return next Monday's date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194622-need-formula-return-next-mondays-date.html)

Frustrated in Portland

Need formula to return next Monday's date

I'm trying to return the mm/dd/yyyy for the next Monday on a continuing
basis. On a separate sheet I created column "A" with =TODAY() in cell A2
and filled down a series of the next six days. B2:B8 cells equal the
corresponding values from A2:A8 formated as dddd to display a continuously
rotating list of the days of the week.

I want to look up the text "Monday" from column B and return the
corresponding date value from column A. How can I use TEXT() in the
=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2:B8,0) ,2) function to make this
work? I'm getting #N/A.

Is there an easier way?

I'm using Excel 2007

Thanks, Frustrated in Portland

Tim Zych

Need formula to return next Monday's date

=TEXT(INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2: B8,0),1),"mm/dd/yyyy")

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"Frustrated in Portland" <Frustrated in
wrote in message ...
I'm trying to return the mm/dd/yyyy for the next Monday on a continuing
basis. On a separate sheet I created column "A" with =TODAY() in cell A2
and filled down a series of the next six days. B2:B8 cells equal the
corresponding values from A2:A8 formated as dddd to display a continuously
rotating list of the days of the week.

I want to look up the text "Monday" from column B and return the
corresponding date value from column A. How can I use TEXT() in the
=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2:B8,0) ,2) function to make
this
work? I'm getting #N/A.

Is there an easier way?

I'm using Excel 2007

Thanks, Frustrated in Portland

T. Valko

Need formula to return next Monday's date

Is there an easier way?

So, if today is Monday then you still want next Monday's date?

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(NOW(),2)+8

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message ...
I'm trying to return the mm/dd/yyyy for the next Monday on a continuing
basis. On a separate sheet I created column "A" with =TODAY() in cell A2
and filled down a series of the next six days. B2:B8 cells equal the
corresponding values from A2:A8 formated as dddd to display a continuously
rotating list of the days of the week.

I want to look up the text "Monday" from column B and return the
corresponding date value from column A. How can I use TEXT() in the
=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2:B8,0) ,2) function to make
this
work? I'm getting #N/A.

Is there an easier way?

I'm using Excel 2007

Thanks, Frustrated in Portland

Frustrated in Portland[_2_]

Need formula to return next Monday's date

Thanks for the helpful replies.

It works!

"No longer frustrated in Portland"

wrote in message ...
I'm trying to return the mm/dd/yyyy for the next Monday on a continuing
basis. On a separate sheet I created column "A" with =TODAY() in cell A2
and filled down a series of the next six days. B2:B8 cells equal the
corresponding values from A2:A8 formated as dddd to display a continuously
rotating list of the days of the week.

I want to look up the text "Monday" from column B and return the
corresponding date value from column A. How can I use TEXT() in the
=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:B8,MATCH("Monday",Sheet1!B2:B8,0) ,2) function to make
this
work? I'm getting #N/A.

Is there an easier way?

I'm using Excel 2007

Thanks, Frustrated in Portland

T. Valko

Need formula to return next Monday's date

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP