Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Display

Sometimes a cell's formula displays on my worksheet instead of the
calculation. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? I've tried
re-formatting the cell, but this does not fix the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to tools/options and click on the "view" tab. Make sure that in window
options at the bottom "Formulas" is unticked.

"Kimbanev" wrote:

Sometimes a cell's formula displays on my worksheet instead of the
calculation. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? I've tried
re-formatting the cell, but this does not fix the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the cause of your problem is a cell formatted as Text, then after
reformatting the cell to General (or something other than Text), you'll need
to re-enter the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Kimbanev" wrote in message
Sometimes a cell's formula displays on my worksheet instead of the
calculation. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? I've tried
re-formatting the cell, but this does not fix the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you have to re-enter the formula *after* you reformat the cell.

Rick

"Kimbanev" wrote in message
Sometimes a cell's formula displays on my worksheet instead of the
calculation. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? I've tried
re-formatting the cell, but this does not fix the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is just a fun!!
It happened with me also earlier.

it is because you have unknowingly pressed the shortcut key

Control + ~

[control + Tilde ]

it is a toggling key

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...

"Kimbanev" wrote in message
Sometimes a cell's formula displays on my worksheet instead of the
calculation. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? I've tried
re-formatting the cell, but this does not fix the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have had the same problem for the last 2 days. In Excel 07, Ctrl` does not
work to toggle between the formula and the result.
I changed the cell from Text to General and re-entered the formula.
That worked!
Eric