Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to show a whole worksheet on one screen?

I have 255 columns, and at least 370 rows. How can I show the whole file on
one screen?

My second question is: how to show two worksheets together on one screen?
For example, I have more than 255 columns, so I have to extend my first
worksheet onto a second one. But I want to show them together on one screen.
Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you try to display 255 columns on a screen you will not be able to read
what is in them. If you really must try it, then use the Zoom setting (on
the Format bar, or under View | Zoom) - you will probably need to set it to
about 10%.

To open a new window (onto another sheet) then click on Window | New, and
select the tab of the second sheet. Window | Arrange | Vertical will show
them side-by-side.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Ask MS" wrote in message
I have 255 columns, and at least 370 rows. How can I show the whole file on
one screen?

My second question is: how to show two worksheets together on one screen?
For example, I have more than 255 columns, so I have to extend my first
worksheet onto a second one. But I want to show them together on one
screen.
Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you try to display 255 columns on a screen you will not be able
to read what is in them.

Oh so true!

If you really must try it, then use the Zoom setting (on the Format
bar, or under View | Zoom) - you will probably need to set it to
about 10%.

Or, alternately, select all the cells with data in them, then use the
"Fit Selection" option under the View/Zoom setting.

Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jul 8, 2:09 pm, "Pete_UK" wrote:
If you try to display 255 columns on a screen you will not be able to read
what is in them. If you really must try it, then use the Zoom setting (on
the Format bar, or under View | Zoom) - you will probably need to set it to
about 10%.

10% is the smallest Excel goes, at least version 2003. And unless you
have a large monitor that can show more than 1500 horizontal pixels,
it still won't show 255 rows. Most people have their monitors set to
1024 pixels wide regardless of how big it is, which probably shows 160
columns or so maximum.