Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Tables - Can you just list data and not SUM

Hi All,

I have some data that i have exported from accounting software please see
below.

STK CODE STK DESC UNIT PRICE QTY NET PURCHASE DATE
ZZ01 Whole Bulk Milk 0.30 23703 £7,151.20 02/06/2008
ZZ02 Semi Bulk Milk 0.30 26618 £8,030.65 03/06/2008
ZZ03 Skimmed Bulk Milk 0.30 28504 £8,599.66 04/06/2008

I woulde like to generate a report based on this data grouping by STK CODE
then listing the other fields sorted via the date with a total at the bottom.
Ideally it would be nice to generate this report automatically based on the
raw data. My problem is that if i use a pivot table it either sums/counts
etc the data, but i need to see each line of data as it currrently is above.

Any thought or suggestions or thought on how to do this greatly appreciated.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RDX RDX is offline

Hey Mike,

Try using Subtotals. Let me know if you need more assistance on this.

Regards
RDX

"mike" wrote:

Hi All,

I have some data that i have exported from accounting software please see
below.

STK CODE STK DESC UNIT PRICE QTY NET PURCHASE DATE
ZZ01 Whole Bulk Milk 0.30 23703 £7,151.20 02/06/2008
ZZ02 Semi Bulk Milk 0.30 26618 £8,030.65 03/06/2008
ZZ03 Skimmed Bulk Milk 0.30 28504 £8,599.66 04/06/2008

I woulde like to generate a report based on this data grouping by STK CODE
then listing the other fields sorted via the date with a total at the bottom.
Ideally it would be nice to generate this report automatically based on the
raw data. My problem is that if i use a pivot table it either sums/counts
etc the data, but i need to see each line of data as it currrently is above.

Any thought or suggestions or thought on how to do this greatly appreciated.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a pivot table with STK Code, STK Desc, Unit Price and Purchase
Date in the Row area.
Put Qty and Net in the Data area

Turn off all the Subtotals, and that should leave you with just a list
and a grand total.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures