Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe =COUNTA(U1:U8)

Regards,
Stefi

€žK****ij€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Mike.... It was really helpful.... And it worked... Well it has almost
taken up my 2 hrs... And I didn't knew it was so simple.....

Can u again help me out in learing such logical functioning... Is there any
thing on net that can help me to learn....

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)

Mike