-   -   How to count zeros and not blank in selected range? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194023-how-count-zeros-not-blank-selected-range.html)

Kshitij

How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Mike H

How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Try

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)

Mike

"K****ij" wrote:

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Stefi

How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Maybe =COUNTA(U1:U8)

Regards,
Stefi

€žK****ij€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Kshitij

How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Thanks Mike.... It was really helpful.... And it worked... Well it has almost
taken up my 2 hrs... And I didn't knew it was so simple.....

Can u again help me out in learing such logical functioning... Is there any
thing on net that can help me to learn....

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)

Mike

"K****ij" wrote:

Hi
Well I have some data in which i wish to count number of "0" in the selected
column or row. I tried out some simple 'If' formula as "=IF(U8=0,1,0)" but it
does not work when the cell is blank. It displays 1, I was going to use the
sum function to make total of one.

Also This formula works only for one cell and not for the range(column or
Row), can u help me out for the range.

Thanks

Kshitij

How to count zeros and not blank in selected range?

Thanks stefi, Thanks for your concern, The formula didn't work although it
was helpful, The answer is received from Mike... Thanks again.