haynblend

Default Entering Data in multiple cells on one sheet & having it auto upda

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

I need to create a spreadsheet to monitor/track the progress of a certain
function. What I want to do is be able to enter the different amounts on one
sheet each day & have it update a master sheet.

For example, if I enterered information with todays day on Sheet 2, cell C1,
I'd like that amount to show up on my Master/Summary sheet in cell C1. Then
tomorrow, if I enter that days total into cell C2 on Sheet 2 (so I can track
how much was done each day), I'd like it to overlap on my Master/Summary
sheet in cell C1 to show the current days total without adding the two
amounts. If the day after, I enter a total into cell C3 on Sheet 2, that's
the amount I want to see on the Master/Summary sheet in cell C1...so on & so
forth.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set something (function or formula) up
to do this? I would appreciate if it there is a way, if someone out there
could help me. :)
Max

One play to try ..

In sheet: Summary
-------------------

Put in C1:

=IF(COUNTA(Sheet2!C:C)=0,"",OFFSET(Sheet2!C$1,COUN TA(Sheet2!C:C)-1,))

C1 will return the desired contents, i.e. the contents of the last cell in
col C in Sheet2, contents assumed progressively filled down, w/o any
intervening blank cells.

Just copy C1 across to D1, E1, etc if you want to return likewise from cols
D, E in Sheet2 as done for col C

--
Rgds
Max
"haynblend" wrote in message
[...]

Max

The suggested formula in C1 in Summary will return blank: "" for a neat
display
if there's nothing (no inputs) in col C in Sheet2 as yet, so you can easily
copy/extend ahead of expected data input in the source sheet
--
Rgds
Max