Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Im doing something wrong in Visual basic for sure

Hi
I have a workbook called timesheet i want the first sheet to
automaticly open whenever i open my workbook
the 1st sheet is called names
these are the steps that im using but its not working
Visual basic editor___ view__ code__past code wich is ( Private Sub
Workbook_Open()
timesheet.Sheets("names").Select
End Sub)____ alt+q___ i press on another sheet___ save___ close___

Whenever i reopen it the first sheet does not shows always the last
sheet opened is displayed

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The right syntax:

Sheets("names").Select

or

Thisworkbook.Sheets("names").Select

Regards,
Stefi

€žTia€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi
I have a workbook called timesheet i want the first sheet to
automaticly open whenever i open my workbook
the 1st sheet is called names
these are the steps that im using but its not working
Visual basic editor___ view__ code__past code wich is ( Private Sub
Workbook_Open()
timesheet.Sheets("names").Select
End Sub)____ alt+q___ i press on another sheet___ save___ close___

Whenever i reopen it the first sheet does not shows always the last
sheet opened is displayed

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

„Tia” ezt írta:

Hi
I have a workbook called timesheet i want the first sheet to
automaticly open whenever i open my workbook
the 1st sheet is called names
these are the steps that im using but its not working
Visual basic editor___ view__ code__past code wich is ( Private Sub
Workbook_Open()
timesheet.Sheets("names").Select
End Sub)____ alt+q___ i press on another sheet___ save___ close___

Whenever i reopen it the first sheet does not shows always the last
sheet opened is displayed

Please help- Hide quoted text -

Its not working
Is there is anything i have to do in the excel options ?
or those are the steps b its not working at all
same steps with the syntax given by you but its not working :s
is there is any demo for visual basic editor ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It also needs to go into the ThisWorkbook code module.

Click on the Excel icon on the worksheet (or next to the File menu if you
maximise your workbooks), select View Code from the menu, and paste the code
in there.

--
HTH

Bob