Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif with multiple criteria

Can you use Countif for more than one Criteria? For example, I want to count
all the "complaint" in column E with a charge number of "1000568625" in
column J.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, but try it this way:

=SUMPRODUCT((E1:E1000="complaint")*(J1:J1000="1000 568625"))

If you have more than 1000 rows then increase this number, but you
can't have full column references unless you are using XL2007. I'm
assuming that your charge number is a text value - if not, just remove
the quotes.

Hope this helps.

Pete