Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to insert blank rows

Hi,

If we have 5000 rows of data and we need to insert a blank row after every
row, what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Macro.
Something like this:
Sub InsertRowAlternate()
While ActiveCell < ""
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
Wend
End Sub

The "while" part will run down the page until it finds a blank cell;
this assumes that you have no blanks in the 5000. Otherwise you can
use a for loop, but I wasn't sure if your "5000" was an estimate or an
exact number.

On Jun 26, 2:29*pm, "Gaurav"
wrote:
Hi,

If we have 5000 rows of data and we need to insert a blank row after every
row, what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gaurav wrote:
Hi,

If we have 5000 rows of data and we need to insert a blank row after every
row, what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks

One option (Save a copy first!):

Assuming there is always data in column A and no blank rows within the 5000, go
to the first completely unused column and enter the following in row 1:

=IF(A1="",ROW()-COUNTA(A:A)+0.5,ROW()-1)

Copy this formula down 10000 rows, select all of your data, including the
headers and the new column, then sort by the new column (with "no header row"
selected).