Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Circulair error message

Hello,

We using Excel 2007 and the our previous worksheet in E2002 is aready saved
as E2007. This just happened 1 day ago, that when we type the worksheet the
following error message pops up and when we clicked OK it does not show the
circulair cell tracking.

Circular Reference Warning
One or more formulas contain a circular reference and may not calculate
correctly. Circular references at any references within a formula that depend
upon the results of that same formula. For example, a cell that refers to its
own value or a cell that refers to another cell which depends on the original
celss's value both contain circular references.

For more information about understanding, finding, and removing circular
references, click

OK. If you want to create a circular reference, click Cancel to continue.

Pls. help how can we solve the problem,

Thanks in advance

--
H. Frank Situmorang
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to locate the circular error
For example if =SUM(A1:A10) in in cell A10 you have a circular error
It is a formula that refers to itself or a cell that is dependent on it.
This is not changed in XL 2007, all version had this error checking feature.

Use Formulas | Formula Auditing | Trace Precedents to help you locate the
'circle'
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frank Situmorang" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may want to try Stephen Bullen's utility:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
Look for FindCirc.zip

Frank Situmorang wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson