Brenda

Default #num! error message

have a huge complex workbook. Several of the cells contain the error #num!.
If I click on a cell with the error message, press F2 key then enter, the
error message goes away. any suggestions why?
Brenda

it varies. It could be =a3-a1 or =sum(l23:l34) or =l35/l57*1000 The most
complex was a =ROUND

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
what formula is in these cells?

"Brenda" wrote:

have a huge complex workbook. Several of the cells contain the error #num!.
If I click on a cell with the error message, press F2 key then enter, the
error message goes away. any suggestions why?

Frank Kabel

Hi
an you don't have this error in the referenced cells?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Brenda" wrote:

have a huge complex workbook. Several of the cells contain the

error #num!.
If I click on a cell with the error message, press F2 key then

enter, the
error message goes away. any suggestions why?

Brenda

It is very strange. It opened on another PC, it is fine. On hers, we had
several of these messages. If I would click on the cell with the error and
press F2 enter, the error message would go away. Some of the cells that had
the message were referring to cells with the message. So, I would click F2
enter on them, go to the next cell with an error and do the same. Very
strange. What does F2 enter do? It's almost like it is not calculating
completely.

"Brenda" wrote:

have a huge complex workbook. Several of the cells contain the

error #num!.
If I click on a cell with the error message, press F2 key then

enter, the
error message goes away. any suggestions why?

Dave Peterson

F2 tells excel you want to edit the cell. Hitting enter says you're finished
with the editing.

So excel sees it as a change and reevaluates the formula.

Maybe select the whole sheet
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

would wake excel up for all your formulas.