Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX HELP!

Here's what I'm looking at:

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ventorymv7.jpg

The left image is the summary page. I need a formula in the "Days Out"
column that will look up data in the inventory sheet (right image) and pull
the most current 'actual' inventory count and divide it by the average daily
sales.

Any ideas? Someone gave me a good LOOKUP formula, but it only worked
horizontally and I need this to be vertical.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok...

So you need the last number that corresponds to "actual" in column C. If
that's the case, based on the screencaps, the last number that corresponds
to "actual" is 0 in cell D22.

Am I on the right track?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"igotboost" wrote in message
Here's what I'm looking at:

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ventorymv7.jpg

The left image is the summary page. I need a formula in the "Days Out"
column that will look up data in the inventory sheet (right image) and
pull
the most current 'actual' inventory count and divide it by the average
daily
sales.

Any ideas? Someone gave me a good LOOKUP formula, but it only worked
horizontally and I need this to be vertical.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're back! Great!

I accidentally hit the "Question Answered" button on the previous thread so
I didn't think it would get looked at again.

You're exactly right. I purposely moved the 'actual' row to the bottom of
each date so it would always be the last entry. But yes, that is the number
I'm going after and right now D22 is what I would like it to pull up. All
the data in there is garbage obviously.

Thanks!

"igotboost" wrote in message
Here's what I'm looking at:

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ventorymv7.jpg

The left image is the summary page. I need a formula in the "Days Out"
column that will look up data in the inventory sheet (right image) and
pull
the most current 'actual' inventory count and divide it by the average
daily
sales.

Any ideas? Someone gave me a good LOOKUP formula, but it only worked
horizontally and I need this to be vertical.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If my hunch is correct then this should work.

"Actual" will always be the last entry of the column.

Entered in C3 and copied down:

=LOOKUP(1E+100,INDEX(Sheet1!D$2:H$22,,MATCH(A3,She et1!D$1:H$1,0)))

Adjust ranges and sheet name to suit.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP